The Performance Based Navigation course is to be conducted as a stand-alone module. The acquisition of necessary skills is achieved through a combination of theory training, practical examples, and exercises.
The course is delivered over a 3 days period.
- The concept of PBN according to the ICAO PBN manual (ICAO Doc 9613 Edition 4)
- Different navigation specifications
- The difference between RNAV and RNP
- The concept of GNSS, navigation satellite constellations, signal structures, system errors, augmentation, limitations and vulnerabilities (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo)
- How PBN is changing airspace management
- Criteria for PBN in TMA including how it is applied for SIDs/STARs
- Criteria for PBN in the approach phase