The training is divided into two phases. Theoretical events will be followed by practical applications in a simulator.
Approved results from the Basic ATC course taken at Malaysia Aviation Academy or other recognised training facility.
Individual radar exercises
- Describe rules and methods for radar vectoring, sequencing, separations, phraseology and coordinations used in an approach services
- Describe rules and methods for change of runway
- Describe different approach methods e.g. ILS, NDB, SRE, VA
- Describe rules and methods using only primary radar
- Describe rules and methods for holding procedures
- Describe rules and methods for handling of transponder failure, communication failure, ACAS, special weather phenomena, LVP, etc.
- Apply methods and handle arriving, departing and overflying traffic in a correct, safe and orderly way
- Show understanding for methods used when handling a variety of special occurrences
- Describe rules and methods for traffic with priority needs
- Apply correct methods for the sequencing of traffic